The Ghost Child in the Well - True Horror Story

Ghost child in the well. Horror.

This story of a ghost child who appeared to be coming out of the well in the courtyard was originally told by the user Adustrout, on Reddit.

9 years ago my family rented a large house that had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a yard. In the yard there was a well, which was more than 10 years old, according to the owner of the house, but this was not a very important fact for us.

After a few months my grandfather told us that something tried to drag him into that well, but my family didn't believe him. One night my mom went out to the bathroom and passed by the well and said she heard a child's laughter, but my dad and I didn't believe her. Another night my dad came home late from work and swore he saw a child sitting on the wooden lid of the well, but I didn't believe him. Since everyone was so scared they wanted to move out of the house, but I didn't want to.

One night I waited until it was dark to show them something. At night I talked to my family so they could see that there was nothing to be afraid of, then I sat down on the wooden lid of the well, which was a terrible mistake, because I saw a hand coming out of the well; instantly I stood up and ran to where my family was, and after months we moved to another house.